Tuesday, January 5, 2010

After the Fire


I cannot believe that the superintendents for the factory do not fix even the smallest mistakes that could turn really big. I mean, the factory didn't even have decent fire escapes. No safety precautions. I heard that the superintendents locked the doors so the workers would not sneak out to take a break or to get a drink. The factory owners are eing questioned. I hope that they get a good punishment for killing all those women and girls. Lucy and her family are moving to another part of New York and away from the fire. The do not want to live near where the girls were killed. I don't blame them. Well, I think that it is time for me to go, too. Lucy's mother offered for me to come live with them in the other city, but I said that I had to go back home and help my family. Now I know firsthand what life was like living in the 1800s.

1 comment:

  1. I think it would be so hard to walk by that building all the time, and think of what happened there.

    ReplyDelete